Leo Express launched ticket sales on Prague - Krakow trains route again: daily operations from mid-next year
PRAHA, 9. 11. 2018 – Leo Express renews its weekend train connection between Prague and Poland and launched ticket sales. Trains to Krakow will operate from the 30th November over Christmas and New Year to the 7th January, and then again from the 22th of March. From the 20th of June 2019 with the new Polish timetable Leo Express trains will operate every day of the week. The temporary interruption of operation is caused by extensive repairs on Polish tracks. Leo Express replaces the successful connection with more buses that strengthen the existing daily connections during the restrictions. The Czech company is currently the only private rail passenger carrier in Poland.
"We have started selling tickets for a popular direct train connection between Prague and Poland that will set off again on the 30th of November. People can enjoy the Christmas markets and from mid-year they can go to Krakow and other cities and back every day. Without restrictions on the Polish tracks and extending the driving time, we would operate every day already now," says Emil Sedlařík, Leo Express spokesperson.
Leo Express launched the connection with Polish Krakow already in 2014 by feeder buses to train connections from Bohumín. Leo Express set off on Polish tracks as the first Czech company and the only private railway passenger carrier on the 20thof July 2018. Due to the extensive repairs on the Polish tracks and the extension of the driving time train operations had to temporarily interrupt the connection from the 9th of October to the 30th of November 2018. In this the time the train is replaced by more bus connections. The temporary interruption and replacement by bus will also occur for the same reason from the 7th of January to the 22th of March 2019. In the spring, the weekend operation of the train will be renewed.
Leo Express train will go to Polish Krakow daily from the 20th of July 2019. „The important infrastructure repairs will be done in summer and our trains will have an appropriate transport route secured. We will be able to offer a regular daily connection to our passengers,“ explains Emil Sedlařík.
Leo Express offers a high travel comfort to Poland that customers already enjoy on the bus route to Krakow, also operated by the company, or on the connection from Warsaw to Vienna and the minibus connection to Katowice Airport. On board passengers can enjoy Wi-Fi connection, refreshments and helpful on-board staff or online purchase of tickets that you do not need to print. Ticket between Prague and Krakow can be bought already from 109 Czech crowns.
- Leo Express set off to Polish tracks on the 20th of July 2018 as the first private railway carrier and as the only Czech railway company.
- The Leo Express train departs from Prague to Krakow on Friday and Sunday at 16:10 and arrives at Krakow at 23:25. It departs back from Krakow on Saturday and Monday at 4:53 and arrives at Prague Main Station at 11:32.
- The connection is temporarily interrupted due to extend repairs on Polish tracks and replaced by buses from the 9th of October to the 30th of November 2018 and from the 7th of January to the 22th of March 2019.
- Trains will go to Krakow daily from the 20th of June 2019.
- The train ticket between Prague and Krakow are sold from 109 Czech crowns.
- Train stops in the Czech Republic: Prague Main Station, Prague – Libeň, Kolín, Pardubice, Zábřeh na Moravě, Olomouc, Přerov, Hranice na Moravě, Suchdol nad Odrou, Studénka, Ostrava – Svinov, Ostrava Main Station, Bohumín.
- Train stops in Poland: Zebrzydowice, Pszczyna, Tychy, Katowice, Myslowice, Oswiecim, Zator, Energylandia, Skawina, Krakow.
More information at: https://www.leoexpress.com/en/where-we-go/connections/prague-krakow
Leo Express spokesperson
Contact for media
Phone: +420 773 740 512, E-mail: [email protected]
Leo Express is a private multimodal transportation company, which has been carrying passenger on main railway routes in Czech Republic and Slovakia since 2012 in its own modern electric trainsets. The carrier also has a network of bus and minibus connections linked to railway lines in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Austria, Germany, Poland, Ukraine and Hungary. In year 2017 it started operations in Germany between Berlin and Stuttgart becoming the first Czech passenger railway undertaking operating outside Czech and Slovak Republic. In 2018, it started operation of new international rail passenger services between Prague and Krakow.
Leo Express also offers Door 2 Door transportation. In 2016 company announced purchase of rolling stock from the biggest rail manufacturer CRRC. In 2017, the company founded the peer-to-peer carsharing company SmileCar, which merged with HoppyGo from June 2018 to become a more significant carsharing provider. Leo Express CEO is Peter Köhler, founder of the company is Leoš Novotný. More about Leo Express at www.leoexpress.com.